FROM THE TRENCHES:
How does your talent strategy stack up?
Is your talent strategy well-defined and efficient?
Amidst a two-year period of one of the strongest talent markets on record, it is critical to have a defined and efficient talent strategy. Consider this:
- Proactively work to retain your “A” players. These high performers can choose between several offers. Acting quickly will put you in
the driver’s seat.
- Do you have ESG and DE&I initiatives? Prove it. They can tilt the candidate decision.
- Recent market events including an inflationary environment, geo-political uncertainty, and downward pressure on firm revenues have impacted the hiring landscape. Be prepared for more difficult year-end conversations with your teams.
INDUSTRY NEWS NUGGETS
- Feeling the pinch from plunging cryptocurrency prices, the trading platform has rescinded offers to more than 300 — including some who left jobs at BlackRock and Fidelity.
- Fears of an economic downturn are shaking some people’s career confidence, driving them toward stable jobs—and even back to offices
- If companies don’t keep new hires engaged and motivated, they won’t hesitate to leave. The answer: ‘re-recruiting.’
- Publicly traded, pure-play asset managers put $24 billion toward compensation and benefits in 2021, data shows. All but two of the firms tracked by Ignites had higher earnings for their median-paid employee compared to 2020.
- It won’t be easy to make sure hybrid and remote workers are productive and content. But it can be done
- As global financial regulators focus on the disclosure of environmental, social, and governance factors — both for public companies and investment products — the exchange-traded fund business has set itself up for certain attention.
WHAT WE’RE READING & LISTENING TO
“WHO” – though written 10 years ago offers hiring managers insight on the importance and process to bring “A” players to your organzation
“Bitcoin Billionaires” from Ben Mezrich, the New York Times bestselling author of The Accidental Billionaires and Bringing Down the House, comes Bitcoin Billionaires–the fascinating story of brothers Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss’s big bet on cryptocurrency and its dazzling pay-off.
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Distribution Officer
- Head of Institutional Sales
- ED, Consultant Relations (Alts)
- Divisional Sales Manager
- Client Portfolio Manager
- Chief Investment Officer (2)
- Portfolio Manager – Int’l Equities
- Portfolio Manager – Bank Loans
- Emerging Market Debt Analyst
Operations / Analytics
- Chief Compliance Officer
- Sales Enablement Lead
- Head of Service Operations